Location: New York
Type: Full Time
This position is not eligible for employer visa sponsorship.
Who We Are
CCS Fundraising is an international strategic fundraising firm that partners with nonprofits for transformational change. For 75 years, CCS has empowered many of the world’s greatest organizations across sectors to advance some of the most important causes in history. We plan, manage, and implement programs and initiatives that achieve fundraising goals and mission impact.
CCS provides tailored support to more than 500 nonprofit organizations annually. With over 400 professionals and 14 offices throughout the United States and Europe, we have the capacity to help local and international organizations achieve outstanding results.
Our services include:
- Campaign Management
- Strategy, Evaluation & Planning
- Interim Development Management
- Learning & Leadership Development
- Data Analytics
UNDERSTANDING THE ROLE
CCS has experienced significant growth during the past several years. In response to our increasing need to identify and hire a talented group of fundraising professionals, we are looking to fill a new position – Staff Accountant, New York, United States. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
We are looking for a highly motivated team member to be part of our growing Finance team. The Staff Accountant is responsible for accurately and effectively assisting staff in the daily processing of the general ledger maintenance as part of the General Ledger team. Also, support the Billing and Revenue and Accounts Payable teams as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Learn the T&E (Concur) process to provide support to the T&E team
- Support the Timecard collection process
- Assist with the processing of car incidents claims with insurance companies
- Assist collections oversight
- Assist preparation of miscellaneous invoices
- Assist in the preparation of Teams' aged receivables reports
- Assist AP in managing clients' invoice requests/inquiries
- Assist with the creation of new vendors records in the Accounts Payable ledger
- Assist AP in sending ACH payment notifications to vendors
- Prepare and upload monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations (BTS, Grant Thornton, Insurances trackers)
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Controller on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor's degree major in Accounting
- 1 + years of experience in an Accounting role
- Eagerness to learn and the curiosity to ask questions
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of client, company, and personnel information
- Strong Excel skills (PIVOT table, VLOOKUP, VBA, Queries)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Strong verbal and written communication, including a demonstrated ability to tailor messages appropriately to the audience
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously and take direction as needed
- Strong work ethic and enthusiasm
- Exposure to NetSuite would be considered a plus
CCS offers competitive benefits, a dynamic training program, resources, career advancement, mentoring, and networking opportunities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
SALARY RANGE: $68,000-$78,000
EXACT SALARY VARIES WITHIN SALARY RANGE BASED ON YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION