Vice President, Human Resources
Vice President, Human Resources
Location: New York
Department: Human Resources
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid/Senior-Level
This position is not eligible for employer visa sponsorship.
Who We Are
CCS Fundraising is an international strategic fundraising firm that partners with nonprofits for transformational change. For 75 years, CCS has empowered many of the world’s greatest organizations across sectors to advance some of the most important causes in history. We plan, manage, and implement programs and initiatives that achieve fundraising goals and mission impact.
CCS provides tailored support to more than 500 nonprofit organizations annually. With over 500 professionals and 14 offices throughout the United States and Europe, we have the capacity to help local and international organizations achieve outstanding results. Our people are our greatest strength. The collective sum of the individual experiences, backgrounds, knowledge, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation of excellence.
Our Human Resources team provides partnership to every employee at our firm – from the recruitment process to welcoming new hires to the firm, to ongoing professional development and training initiatives, to enhancing our culture through a focus on DEI, to employee engagement opportunities and beyond. As a member of the HR team, you will have the opportunity to impact our people on a daily basis.
The Vice President, Human Resources is responsible for managing all firmwide HR processes and policies, including ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws. Reporting directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer, this key leader will work closely with all levels of regional and departmental management to provide support and guidance on HR-related priorities. The VP will serve as a member of the five-person HR Executive Team and provide leadership instrumental to the department’s continued growth.
In addition to supporting regional teams and corporate departments on HR matters, the VP will also be responsible for:
- Providing leadership to firmwide HR processes and policies, with a focus on enhancing approaches to support a growing firm
- Managing a team of two HR professionals focused on administering all HR policies, including benefits and leave policies
- Monitoring HR technologies, recommending enhancements, and overseeing upgrades
- Designing and monitoring employee performance improvement plans (PIPs)
- Handling discipline and termination of employees according to company guidelines
- Ensuring compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements
- Maintaining knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management
- Assisting with resolution of personnel, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues
- 5-10+ years of experience in HR, including managing direct reports
- Advanced knowledge of ADP or comparable HRIS/payroll provider
- Self-starter, team player, who is highly resourceful
- Excellent organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented professional with the demonstrated ability to multitask
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Preference for experience in professional services, nonprofit sector, or other like companies
CCS offers competitive benefits, a dynamic training program, resources, career advancement, mentoring, and networking opportunities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
Salary Range: $130,000-$150,000
Exact salary varies within salary range based on years of relevant experience and education