Systems and Change Management Director
Location: National (Remote)
Department: Data Strategy
Type: Full Time Remote
Min. Experience: Mid-Level
This position is not eligible for employer visa sponsorship.
Who We Are:
CCS Fundraising is an international strategic fundraising firm that partners with nonprofits for transformational change. For seven decades, CCS has empowered many of the world’s greatest organizations across sectors to advance some of the most important causes in history. We plan, manage, and implement programs and initiatives that achieve fundraising goals and mission impact.
CCS provides tailored support to more than 400 nonprofit organizations annually. With over
500 professionals and 14 offices throughout the United States and Europe, we have the capacity to help local and international organizations achieve outstanding results.
CCS Systems is a fast-growing practice area within the firm, focused on fundraising operations, information, and change management reporting to the Senior Vice President of Data & Strategy. We partner with large, complex clients to help them measure and elevate impact, optimize key development processes, and make data-informed decisions to forge, grow, and enhance prospect relationships.
CCS is deepening its focus on ‘data in practice’ – how information is gathered, entered, and used - to help our clients ask the right questions of their data and glean trusted insights in support of best-in-class fundraising performance. As we grow our presence in this area, CCS is seeking directors with the subject- matter expertise to successfully oversee and execute data-intensive projects.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong awareness of the ‘current state’ of nonprofit systems infrastructure – what databases, tools, CRM and ERP systems are commonly used by clients in the sector, what challenges clients commonly face with their data, and what solutions can be implemented to alleviate known pain points. The candidate will have strong analytical skills and the proficiency required to appropriately contextualize and illustrate gaps between client information infrastructure and best- practice functionality, and the confidence to ask thoughtful follow-up questions in real-time when discussing complex issues with stakeholders across diverse organizations.
The person in this role will manage project types for which elevated technical proficiency is required (Systems Assessments), and support colleagues as the subject matter expert on engagements where systems/analytics work is included in scope.
We are looking for a dedicated professional who can:
- Successfully lead and manage projects from inception to conclusion
- Apply critical and strategic thinking to quickly identify the crux of a problem, question or issue
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and logically both verbally and in writing and is comfortable articulating strategies with a variety of audiences
- Thrive in a startup environment, working independently and helping to shape and lead the growth of a cutting-edge practice within the firm. This is a high-visibility role with the opportunity to make an impact on the nonprofit sector at large.
- Technical proficiency required to recognize, scope, and design optimal methods for the generation, entry, management, use, and interpretation of data
- Experience working with relational databases, CRM and ERP systems beyond the end-user perspective
- An understanding of systems architecture best practices and data governance standard protocols
- Demonstrated familiarity with data analysis
- Experience working with large data sets
- A comprehensive understanding of the data life cycle (from entry to insight)
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Great storytelling skills and strong public speaking skills
- Healthcare, higher education, and/or federated nonprofit experience a plus
- Experience with the following:
- Common nonprofit CRMs, ERP systems and SAAS tools. Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce experience strongly preferred; proficiency with platforms including Banner, Advance, Tessitura, iModules, EverTrue a plus
- Data visualization and dynamic reporting tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
- Workflow modeling and business process design (e.g. Visio)
- Relational database architecture and management
- Nonprofit accounting practices and financial modeling (e.g. cash vs. accrual accounting)
- Query/programming languages (e.g. SQL, Python)
Projects may include:
- Assessing the ability of client systems and processes to support high-performing fundraising programs and ambitious, multi-year campaigns
- Developing business processes and standard operating procedures to streamline operations
- Prioritizing data for cleanup and developing a plan for ongoing oversight and maintenance
- Evaluating the integrity and flow of data in highly complex organizations
- Working with client leadership to identify key performance indicators and set financial, philanthropic and activity goals
- Developing reports and dashboards to meet client needs
- Supporting systems conversions from requirements definition to go-live
CCS offers competitive benefits, a dynamic training program, resources, career advancement, mentoring, and networking opportunities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply.